It has been an intense few days and I am physically and mentally exhausted. Emotionally and spiritually doing pretty well as everything I was doing was filling up those areas, although I will admit to some irritability and lack of patience thanks to the tiredness. I wrote about the steps I have been taking to increase my capacity to rest here. Today needs to be a rest day for me if I have any hope of having the capacity I need for the rest of the week.
These are my plans for getting rest today:
- focusing on the bare essentials of housework and allowing myself to leave most of it for another day.
- listening to the new albums from Bethel that I purchased- feeding my soul and spirit
- spending time colouring in the Scripture Meditations book from Lorien Atwood, an activity that I can share with my daughter (although she has to colour her own books and is definitely not allowed to touch mine! Maybe I will try to earn some good mum points by printing her out a copy of the one I am working on)
- not leaving our house for any errands or to see anyone- this introvert needs some space to recharge!
- spending time writing
- maybe do some gardening, planting the seeds that I got at the MOPS State Conference
- reading a novel
I would LOVE to soak in a bath with a bath bomb that I have been hoarding but that would require a lot of effort to pack up and get us to my parents' house and then keep my daughter occupied!!
How do you plan to include rest in your day today?
DaySpring.com is celebrating all of the amazing Write 31 Days readers who are supporting nearly 2,000 writers this October! To enter to win a $500 DaySpring shopping spree, just click on this link & follow the giveaway widget instructions. Good luck, and thanks for reading!
This post is part of a series called "My journey of increasing capacity" written as part of the Write 31 Days challenge. To read other posts in this series please click on the button below, in the side bar or on the Write 31 Days 2015 tab at the top.