I love taking note of the small and not so small moments of my life that bring me joy or help to refocus me to the present moment. Each Thursday I want to take the time to recall some of those moments to keep me grounded while I keep writing for this series. Gratitude in my everyday helps me to increase my capacity by looking out of myself and recognising the myriad of blessings surrounding me constantly.
- Morning walks seeing birds in flight, the last star disappearing and the sunrise.
- Seeing my daughter's delight holding a guinea pig after an upsetting experience at a different farm earlier that week.
- Time writing and spending time with God out in the bush away from all the usual daily distractions.
- Special time as a family doing things we normally wouldn't- like going down into a cave! And my husband whose spontaneous and adventurous nature has helped to push me out of my comfort zone on many occasions.
- Toasted marshmallows on a campfire
- Encounters with wildlife- like the cheeky possum that was trying to eat little scraps from our plates and pots while I was attempting to wash them! He came right up next to me and was not impressed when I kept taking things away. He even tried eating the scourer at one point. We also saw a baby and mother possum right next to our tent.
- Scripture colouring book waiting for me when I got home which has provided a different way of connecting with God and meditating on Scripture. (Check out Lorien Atwood and also Craft with Purpose)
I'd love to hear what you are thankful for today.
This post is part of a series called "My journey of increasing capacity" written as part of the Write 31 Days challenge. To read other posts in this series please click on the button below, in the side bar or on the Write 31 Days 2015 tab at the top.
There are hundreds of other writers doing the Write 31 Days challenge on a vast array of topics. Check them out here.