This week has been full and, at times, has felt overwhelming (or maybe it was only my expectations of myself that were overwhelming).
I have many things to be grateful for this week:
- The decision that has been looming over me and constantly playing in the back of my mind has been made. I may have felt a little ill as I said yes but have a peace that it is the right call. Unfortunately, my cruelty must be ongoing as details cannot be shared as yet.
- The encouragement of colleagues on a bad day. I love the company I work for and the people I get to work with. The conversation I had with them brought clarity and a realisation of part of my make up that I had never seen before. More pondering and searching is needed now to understand what this means for me.
- Working for a company that allows us to stop and pray in our day. As part of that conversation, we got to stop and pray. I felt so blessed and refreshed by this. There aren't many places that would allow that.
- Mother's day celebrations despite not all going to plan- I still felt loved by my daughter and appreciated by my husband. I choose to focus on that.
- Sharing a new experience of an orchestral concert with my daughter, watching her so enthralled and excited to play an instrument one day. What really warmed my heart was when she spontaneously rushed over for a hug and said, "Thank you so much for bringing me here, Mummy!" and gave me a kiss.
What are you thankful for this week?