- Life has a habit of throwing up the unexpected. I sit here with an ice pack on my lower back following someone rear ending my car yesterday. Given that I have a history of a traumatic car accident, this could have sent me into a tail spin. It hasn't and for that I am thankful. I am thankful that my daughter was not in the car at the time. I am thankful for how calm and accepting I have remained. I am thankful for insurance.
- Today I had the privilege of visiting another MOPS group to share my heart and experiences of noticing goodness. Despite being an introvert, I really love speaking to groups. I loved the response from the mums there and the discussions that were generated. I left feeling energised and knowing that I am definitely in the role I should be in right now.
- Yesterday morning I passed a field of kangaroos grazing in the golden light of the still rising sun. How Australian is that??!! It reminded me of how grateful I am to be living in this country.
- Last weekend was a long weekend here in Western Australia. Despite feeling sick, I thoroughly enjoyed it. Saturday was filled with special family time making memories. We started visiting the Model Railway and Lego Exhibition a couple of years ago and kept that tradition going. I love watching both my daughter and my husband enjoying the displays. We extended the day by going into Fremantle to explore the markets and town and have lunch. Sunday was church and more family time with my side of the family. Monday was productive and relaxing at the same time. I felt more on top of the housework going into the week while also spending time reading and recharging.
- I read TWO novels over the weekend. I haven't done that in so long and I loved it. This was made even sweeter by being a trip down memory lane in many ways while still being new (to me) books. Did you ever read any of the series of teen and young adult books by Robin Jones Gunn? I used to love them for a quick, light hearted read that didn't fill my mind with junk and still pointed me back to a Godly perspective. She has followed some of her characters through their high school and college years and now have a series of their married years. These were the books I read after seeing them recommended by Amanda White on Instagram. What an indulgence to read!
What are you thankful for this week? Join me in the comments or link up your blog post about being thankful.
If you would like a reminder each week to stop and look for what is good in your life, you can subscribe to my weekly email below.